Hosted by the Centre for Palliative Care, the Colloquium provides an invaluable opportunity for those involved in the provision of evidence based care of patients with advanced disease to learn, connect and collaborate.
Our keynote speaker this year is Professor Hal Swerissen from Grattan Institute, who will start us off by talking about how palliative care research can influence health policy.
Other topics that will be discussed during the 5th Australian Palliative Care Research Colloquium include:
- Conducting research in medical education: how we might use data to demonstrate efficacy and drive practice change.
- Program Logic: Preparation prevents poor performance – using planning frameworks to develop, conduct and measure the impact of your research.
- Clinical Trials: Changing the World!
- All you need to know about the methodological insights when conducting palliative care research involving complex populations.
- The world needs to know about your research: Using social media to disseminate your work.
The Palliative Care Research Network (PCRN) will also host an interactive pre-Colloquium breakfast workshop on ‘Communicating research to a lay audience’ on Thursday 26 October 2017. At this workshop, Sasha Petrova from The Conversation will provide insights on how you could communicate your research to the general public in a language that is understandable to those who don’t work in the medical field.
Casual networking opportunities have also been included in the Colloquium schedule to promote collaboration between attendees.
22nd Sept 2017
Authors Notified of Results
27th Sept 2017
Presenting Authors to Register by